How to Uninstall Cydia And Reinstall Installer
It seems like you’re first time user who is trying to play with Cydia. If yes, then I would advise you to think about it again, because if you uninstall Cydia once, you’d loss all the installed tweaks and repositories.
This action is known as critical. It can impact on your jailbreak and may break your iPhone or iPad. So, if you’ve decided to remove Cydia for any reason, here are the short steps that can be used to delete Cydia safely.
[insert_php]if ( function_exists( ‘echo_ald_crp’ ) ) echo_ald_crp();[/insert_php]
- Open Cydia app and tap on Manage or Installed.
- This is the section where you found all the installed packages, tweaks and mods along with Cydia apps. There are Cydia installer and Mobile substrate.
- Just scroll down to “Mobile Substrate” and tap on it. You’d found “Modify” button at the right uper corner. Tap on it and tap on Remove button. Confirm your action and the substrate would be uninstalled.
- Now, the part comes where you can delete Cydia completely. Here you’ve to scroll down further till you found “Cydia installer” and tap on it. You’d find the same options compare to previously mentioned step no. 3. So, tap on Modify and then Remove.
- Reboot your iPhone, iPad Air, iPad Mini or iPod Touch for the update.
We again warn you to think about your decision. If you’ve any issues related to Cydia or getting errors while adding sources or installing tweaks, you can easily fix them. You don’t need to remove Cydia completely for such issues.
I would recommend you to take advise from experts. You may comment below for such advise on removing or reinstalling Cydia installer.
Hope you got what you wanted.