So, do you have jailbroken with latest released untethered tool and trying to install Winterboard themes, but it’s not working? Calm down, we’ve fix for you.
There are bunch of users complaining to post an endless supportive article to fix Winterboard not working or themes not opening issue. Many users have reported that they are installing and applying themes, but the Winterboard themes are not taking effect even they are not opening at all.
Since the new jailbreak is already released and we’ve updated couple of things such as Cydia, new jailbreak tools etc, so how to fix Winterboard themes not working problem? We can do a fix to patch up this issue.
As we know, every new jailbreak tool comes with bugs and need improvements. Saurik has to fix many issues related to Impactor, Substractor and Cydia itself which are related to Cydia core files. In many cases, he fixes these things quite decently fast, but sometimes, he takes time to fix them.
Meanwhile, we can do a quick fix for Winterboard not working issue. We just need to make sure why Winterboard not working. Suppose, it’s working, but themes are not opening. So, make sure what’s the exact issue is.
Okay, better to start something than nothing. We do a quick update to solve Winterboard not working situation. Here, you need to update Winterboard from scratch.
- While jailbreaking, you’ve installed Cydia installer. Open it.
- If you’ve installed Winterboard themes or installer, just remove it and download Winterboard deb file from Saurik’s website. The download link is given above.
- Once the download is finished, install Winterboard installer using iFile. Make sure that iFile can install deb packages or not. Or use, iFunBox.
- Now, use iFile to find out application folder and rename Winterboard.app with any name you want.
- Now, you need to download iCleaner and install it. It would be available as free on Cydia. Don’t purchase iCleaner Pro from Cydia now.
- Here, you need to update Winterboard from iCleaner. As it’s installed, you need to tap on Winterboard and clean with the installed app.
- Now the tricky part comes. Open iFile and rename Winterboard app file to the original name as it was before. And, open iCleaner and do the same step 6 and respring your device.
I’m dam sure that Winterboard would be start working again. Suppose, Winterboard still not working, leave a comment and it would start working with our fix.
Thanks and good bye…